The Audacity of Pride.....

*A nice friendly debate*

Okay, keep in mind that I'm an artist, so I'm sensitive about my shit.... word to Badu. But anything NOT related to my art/craft/general dopeness I am not very sensitive about. For example, if we are debatumenting (argument that is disguised by the term debate) about something I will get all rowdy with you and argue it to the death, but after the fact I will love you just the same, and we can go grab some coffee*. If my manager criticizes me at work, I grumble for a few, but get over that, correct the problem, and go grab a latte*. I can even back down from the most important argument in the world ... wait for it, wait for it... 2Pac vs. Biggie... you say 2Pac, I crush you in the argument, and then we go grab a Frappuchino*. See how that all works. BUT, let some ninjas talk about politics and all Hades is let loose. No makeups, no coffee, just angst. That is why I generally do not like to talk about politics, for one I don't know a whole heap about it except for the Civics class basics, the basic political/economic current events, and my trusty opinion. Yet,when I was trying to be happy about our fantabulous greatacular non-White president elect (since people want to question his blackness *eye roll*), I got to feeling some kinda way about the reaction of some folks. This was not because he was being criticized, but my whole mood was killed and pride questioned. Couldn't they wait to criticize the man (or my pride) after a full week? At least then we could have debated and then went out for espresso shots afterwards, but instead I have to sit and have you think, "She sure has some audacity to be proud" ... womp.....

* i like coffee

7 comment(s) thus far...:

Monicarol.Evans said...

I mean, do you really like coffee? Hee.Hee

This is why the old saying says not to talk about religion and politics is polite company... 'cause folks get real passionate, show their true colors, say something stupid and act a da*n fool.

On a different note, Why was your pride called into question? 'Cause you had the nerve to be proud that someone smarter than the average dumb@ss American is now in charge?

Please elaborate.....

Naturally Alise said...

HI MONICA!

I had my joy stolen all week though my blogtrotting, general conversations, and television ..... for example on more than 3 occaisons I was asked why I was so excited, proud and/or emotional about Obama winning, and this is from people under normal circumstances I respect. It is okay to debate his policies or personal qualms they have with him, but it is NOT okay to attack my feeling of pride and elation, my emotions are NEVER anyone's to be ridiculed, and that's why I got feeling "some kinda way"...

Naturally Alise said...

clarification: "I was asked why I was so excited, proud and/or emotional AND was attacked for the way I felt"

Luvvie said...

I cant stand bitter broads!!!

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Nobody steals my joy! I'm happy and I know and my face will really show it! *clapping hands*

eysqueen said...

yeah they coulda waited, they know they coulda waited, but miserables need attention too...

suga said...

That type of ish has been irritating as hell. Especially when it comes from other Black people. I kinda sorta expect it from others, but from my sisters and brothers...its pisses me off and then saddens me. i've read too many blogs that have popped my balloon of euphoria. It's almost sickening.

top