When keeping it philosophical goes wrong....

"Zenemies"


I think being intellectual is great. I think philosophizing about the ways of the world is just as wonderful, we come up with some really great conclusions that way. However, I think that being smart and highly intelligent, like power, comes with great responsibility. If you find yourself to be one of the few intellectuals, a true intellectual, then you already know that you are quite capable of over analyzing everything and sucking the fun out of a Saturday night. Everyone knows how smart you are, you’ve left a trail of dissertation length emails, blogs, and discussion replies to back up your intelligence. And I give kudos to those who can express their thoughts like a Charles Dickens novel. Now I’m going to snatch the kudos away. I have a real problem with the intellectual over analytic types who are real good at pointing out problems and ramifications without offering up solutions. Because lets just keep it real, a 3 year old can point out a problem. That part of philosophy isn’t rocket science, but it takes real intelligence, real analysis to come up with proactive solutions to these problems. This is where intelligence meets cynicism and produces inactive wastes of space. I don’t want to hear about how shitty the world is, in a 3 page discussion or a 20 minute conversation unless you plan on interjecting some solutions somewhere in all that wordy lukewarm air. I can ramble on and on for pages as well, I went to school too, wrote tons of papers and birthed a thesis. I’m real good at stretching out content to take up space. But I also know that the average person’s attention span isn’t long enough to absorb all of my genius at that length. Even this blog is getting a tad bit long. So let me wrap this up.

The definition of philosophy: the critical study of the basic principles and concepts of a particular branch of knowledge, esp. with a view to improving or reconstituting them: the philosophy of science.

I’m going to need you long winded, wordy, negative, cynical, wanting to call yourselves intellects to adhere to what philosophizing really is, or just admit that you are NOT an intellect and sit at the back of the conversation with the rest of the onlookers, because in my revolution, you will not be invited to join. How do you feel about the intellectual posers, what defines a poser to you?



alise pokes her head in at her own risk:

I felt this poem i wrote a while back fit in with the whole general idea of tiha's post, and also i am waxing poetic today....:

If by revolutionary you mean talking in circles
....and circumventing responsibility, then by all means you are the spokesperson......
I ain't buying the fight the power act.....

love, life, and loss.....
that's what causes a creative commotion in my cranium
when pain permeates my person and pummels and pounds my peace
it is the real revolutions, revelations, and resolutions that relieve my worries, weary, and woes
... but hey that's just me

6 comment(s) thus far...:

Luvvie said...

LMAO!! Tiha, I heart you for this.

Naturally Alise said...

@ luvvie, this has to be my 'favoritest' tiha post ever, people writing tomes (tomes is just for you) about some ol' ralggelly point of view that they don't even believe in....

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Maaan, this needed to be said! I just wish some folks would just shut the EFF up sometimes! They be doin' too much. Talkin' on some stuff they just be imaginin' n' shyt.

Monicarol.Evans said...

Eysqueen: You hit the nail on the head. Intellectual discourse is just empty words without realistic, practical solutions to back it up (and is not philosophical).

Some people talk to hear their brains rumble and really just need to take a breath and shut up.

And who said that philosophy needs to be negative? Philosophy in the 21st century needs to be about making the world a better place.

Folks can check the cynicism and negativity at the da*n door.

Naturally Alise said...

@ pbg
folks be doing too much indeed, it is exhausting at times and makes me miss their whole point (if there is even one)


@ monica:

"And who said that philosophy needs to be negative?"

I concur wholeheartedly... when I am complaining it is just that: COMPLAINING (I gotta get that in sometimes, lol). But when I get to waxing philosophical it is truly about positivity and change, maybe not changing the world, but at least changing me.

eysqueen said...

oh and when I posted a call to action for these intellects(on another site), all I got was crickets, only one person answered the call. hmmm....fuels my fire even more!

top