fear

picture from http://www.gapingvoid.com/

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. ~Henry Ford

fear, [feer], noun: alise's greatest obstacle

i have many fears. lions, tigers, bears, loving you, capital letters & failure to name just a few. i have lots of dreams and desires that have not been fulfilled because of the "man" fear of falling flat on my face. this fear has affected my career life immensely. it causes me to only take baby steps instead of leaping out on faith and trusting my talent. so that leads me to take the expected or conventional path ALWAYS. i know i can do office work, be a manager, and be a robot part of corporate america. it is my safe zone, that's what i do, and for a while that worked and i was content with that. yet now i am not content with being.... ummmmm, welllll , .... content. i want to be happy doing what i want, even if that means i have to sacrifice my lifestyle or "disappoint" my mama and 'nem people who think they have my best interests at heart. my best interest though, is to push past content and live "My Life" and "Be Happy", I "Gotta Believe" in me , because right now i feel like "I'm Going Down" and "No One Else" can do this for me but me. word to mary. so in the next few months i am going to be whooping fear's ass making some big life/work changes, decisions, and steps regardless of my fear. some of the things i want to (and will) do over the next few months may make you think i am crazy, drunk, or high, but really i am just intoxicated by possibility, and who can really be mad at that? people that suck ........

picture from http://www.gapingvoid.com

6 comment(s) thus far...:

eysqueen said...

fear lets us know that we are actually living, becoming frozen by that fear lets us know that we're not living. take two shots of that smoov stuff for fear, and stare that bastard down.

Luvvie said...

It's definitely hard getting outside of our comfort zones, and a lot of people stay safe for fear of that unknown. It would just suck if you send the rest of ur days wondering "what if?". I think you are capable of being successful in whatever you please. Maybe that leap of faith will end up looking like just a step when you do get that success.

Go Alise!!!

Naturally Alise said...

awwww shucks y'all are so sweet (well tiha you are in your own special crazy kinda way), this is the type of encouragement that really helps and matters!

Unknown said...

the fear of failure is the toughest for me. My wife will tell you that. It crushes me...

I am so thankful for capoeira... it forces me to push myself to my physical and spiritual limits. i learn so much about it

dope post...

Naturally Alise said...

thanks for stopping by brother omi, i guess my poetry and performing is the equivalent of your capoeira, because that is what it does for me s far as pushing limits spiritually....

Anonymous said...

Fear sucks when it stops you from doing what you need to do. Use the fear to propel you to that next level!

top