Okay, Naturally Alise here, I am still alive... :)
On this edition of "If I were the Boss" I choose a hair salon. First off, I would like to say that I ABHOR hair salons, which is why I want to create on that even I would love. So enjoy, and stop on by, lol....
* My salon would be a natural hair salon, no offense to the relaxer sisters, but I personally can not stand the chemical smell of relaxers in a regular salon, it would drive me batty.
* It would feel like you were at a snazzy jazz lounge, lots of pillows and comfy couches in the waiting area.
* Complimentary tea (the good tea), coffee, & water for patrons.
* Individual rooms instead of "booths". One thing I hate about salons is the lack of privacy, and I am not shy, so imagine how a timid person feels all on display. I also hate the cattiness and gossip that takes place in may salons, so that would cut down on that. Each booth would have music available for the client to choose what they would like to listen to.
* There will be classes available for healthy hair care, nutrition, days for yoga, basically it will be a beauty/health one-stop shop.
* Will offer hair-braiding services on-location if needed. Sometimes if you have to sit for 4 hours you might want to be in the comfort of your own home.
* I would emphasize to my stylists the importancee of timeliness and keeping appointments. My biggest pet peeve is going to a salon and not having my appointment respected and honored.
What would YOU do if you were the boss?
*There is actually a natural salon that I used to frequent in Raleigh, NC that has about 75% of the things I would like in my salon... Here is a link to their site: Shatzi's Day Spa .